Re: The Geek Group Caps For Sale

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 18 Apr 01, at 18:22, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "cougercat by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <felix1063-at-home-dot-com>
>
> Just out of curiosity,  Has anybody had any problems with arc over on
> the bleeder resistors?  Most 1/2 watt carbon resistors are rated for a
> peak of around 700 volts.  1/4 watt would be less.

I use Philips metal film 1/2W resistors for this purpose. They were
purchased from RS Components. They are rated to withstand 2.5kV
apiece which suits the Arctronics caps I'm using just fine.

Malcolm