Re: The Geek Group Caps For Sale

Hi Chris,

At 03:38 PM 4/16/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>The Geek Group is now officially in a cooperative agreement with CD to bring
>2 sizes of their 942C series to the Tesla community at large. These are the
>best 2 caps in the Voltage/Capacitance/size ratio (that's why we used them
>in the first place).

Ultra cool!!!

>They are extending volume discounts as low as 250 pieces (Instead of the
>usual thousand)and the Group is adding a small markup to cover our expences,
>but nothing unreasonable as our goal is to make these MORE availible to the
>Tesla community :)
>
>250 caps is way more than the average person needs so we're working on
>putting together bulkbuys untill I can drop a thousand bucks on creating
>inventory to sell to the list.

When I first announced the bulk buy I had going in January, I went through
the first thousand in about an hour :-))  I ordered that one a month in
advance ;-))  For the very first buy I went through a k in 15 minutes...  I
have pretty much filled the demand at the moment so you will "maybe not"
get swamped instantly like I did.  However, plan on suddenly needing a ton
of caps initially.  Then it mellows out to a few hundred a month.  Of
course, when you bulk buy things, you automatically get them at bulk prices
for personal use too ;-)))

>Ok guys....let the games begin.

Once you get the details worked out, make a nice "details and how to order
post".  Be sure to specify acceptable payment methods and emphasize EXACT
addresses to send them too.  This is REALLY important for foreign orders
that have addresses us colonists can't even pronounce ;-))  A spreadsheet
with orders and all is really worth it to keep track of things.  Watch you
tax stuff too...  Communicate a LOT with the buyers so they know where
their money is and where their caps are at all times.  They like that ;-))
UPS and other trackable shippers are nice but the post office's priority
mail is really nice too...

Buy boxes, packing stuff, and a good tape gun.  Beware of the cutter on the
#%$*$ tape gun since I have slashed myself like ham many times on it ;-)))
Pack them caps up good like they are going into a war zone.  Assume the
shippers will use it as a football...

So those are my words of wisdom :-)  It is really wonderful that you got
this going!!

Cheers,

	Terry