Re: MOTS and the dc output

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

Does this mean that if you were to build a doubler on something else like an
NST rewound for lower voltage at higher current the cap size should be close
to what would be mains resonant for the supply? I don't really plan on making
anything out of it but if I can't bring back my dead NST's by unpotting I
think it would be a lot less of a pain to wind a single secondary of larger
wire with less turns on a core than to  wind tons of layers and turns of that
hair thin stuff.