Brass electrodes: was- A Little more than general questions II

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/13/01 7:47:12 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> You can spend big bucks on
> Tungsten rod if you want to, but you don't need to.
> Brass and Copper electrodes have given me years of
> excellent service.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Greg
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg

Hi Greg, all,

Amen! I use all brass electrodes on my rotary gap for my pole pig
driven Tesla system and I get great performance from this setup.
At around 6 kVA input from the ballasted 10 kVA, 14.4 kV pig, I
get screaming 8 to 10 ft arcs that fill my small shop. After a few
hours of operation at these power levels, the faces of the electrodes
need a little dressing with a file, but that's the only maintenance
that they require. I think Gary Lau? posted a paper that showed
brass as the best all-round SG electrode material.

Keeping 'em sparking in Memphis,
David Rieben