Re: Big flex duct

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Chris,

You're looking for stuff in the trade called semi-rigid aluminum ducting.
Your best bet may be to work through local HVAC suppliers or contractors
since they have access to a wide selection of vendors, and they may also me
more amenable to sponsoring a local group. Unless they have a local
presence, manufacturers may see little benefit or interest.

Some manufacturers that you can check with include:
1. Builders Best (NEMCO DryerMate and Metalflex Pro-Duct):
http://www.buildersbest-dot-com (2" to 8")

2. Flexmaster USA, type NI-TL non insulated aluminum ducting (3" to 20"
diameter)
http://www.flexmasterusa-dot-com/Products/flexduct/typeTL.htm

3. Deflecto Corp. Semi-rigid ducting (3" to 8")
http://www.deflecto-dot-com/ducts.html

Also, McMaster-Carr stocks the stuff (called Extendable Aluminum Duct Hose)
in 3" to 12" diameters, and 15 or 30 foot lengths. They also carry more
rigid aluminum and stainless steel varieties:
http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/

Happy hunting!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>