Re: "Plate" Capacitors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I tried to unpot my 15000/30, the predasossor to the 15000v/60ma one but it
didn't fix it. There is still a lot of tar on it though because I couldn't
get the core apart to clean it. I might try solvent and see if that lets me
seperate tho core to dip the parts seperate in solvent. I'll probably do the
15000/60 when I get to the other one, but I picked up two old(free this time)
trannies. One was a 12500/60 and was the size of the dead 15000/60. The other
one was a 15000/60 but I didn't feel like carrying it in my basement to test,
it is much larger than the newer dead 15000/60( if it dies I could probably
wind it for a pretty good amount.) I am saving the trannies untill I get
around to trying to fix them. Any one ever here of Acme transformers? The
ones I got are Acme luminous tube transformers, no date given.