Re: A Little more than general questions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/11/01 6:25:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Wade,
>     I've been using a variety of wire sizes on the same size coil form of
> 3.5" diam by 12" high, everything from 495 turns of #24 wire to 1991 turns
> of #36 wire. The following observations concern that size coil, YMMV:
>
> I notice a slight improvement with the smaller wire and higher number of
> turns, but it is pretty subtle.
>
> that wire resistance matters is a total myth (at least for coils in this
> size range).

snip - - - snip

> enjoy,
> -Peter Lawrence.

Peter,
(engage physicist/philosopher soapbox)
        There is an infinite difference between "negligible effect" and
"total myth". Although a surveyor laying out a lot for a house can assume a
"flat earth" , calling the round earth a "total myth" is absolutely wrong.
While it is true that no Tesla secondary will ever approach the R=2sqrt(L/C)
critical point, some Tesla primaries have a low enough L and high enough R
and C to cause measurable frequency shift. Hyperbole can lead novices into
misunderstanding of principles.
While my oxcart will never move at Velocity approaching lightspeed, Einstein
was still more right, than Newton.
(disengage physicist/philosopher soapbox)
The rest of your comments are right on.
Matt D.