Re: REAL CAPACITOR (where can i buy one?)

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I put the calls in today and I am happy to announce that The Geek Group has
solved the MMC capacitor issue.

We will be a distributor for CD within the next few days/weeks (as soon as
we work out the particulars) and I am doing everything in my power to get a
special version of the 942C series marketed as "Geek Certified" etc (It's a
PR thing). These caps will be made availible to the entire worldwide coiling
community with the hopes of making them the standard for MMC caps. I'm
working on getting them priced as low as possible (I'm shooting for a buck a
piece) and we will sell them, as well as resistors, without the horrendous
markup of your local electronics shop.

We'll be selling the caps in the same manner as our shirts. Payment through
paypal, and we'll ship anywhere in the world. You DO own a Group T-shirt
don't you? ;)

btw, look for a new member on the Pupman list soon, the head of R&D at CD is
interested in building a 6" coil :) I spent half an hour this afternoon
going over the finer points of winding a secondary.

I love this job.

Have fun! Help the energy crunch, wear a Group T-shirt to stay warm.

ok...-dot-completely off topic so reply off list....but I have a question for
all you radio gods out there. I have heard that there are transmitters all
over the world, most out in the moddle of open ocean, that broadcast a
single letter (like, S or K) over and over continuously. Noone claims
ownership or responsibility for these, and they are rather small
transmitters. Is this true? What are they? Why are they there? I had a
Groupie mention them to me and now I'm frightfully curious :)

Thanks guys!

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group