Low Voltage Resonate Tuing Methodology

Original poster: "Nathan Morris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <themfam-at-home-dot-com>

All,
I have been ripped off on ebay and I am tired of trying to go it on my own for
caps. I am in need of a reliable source for caps that are suitable for TC use.
Any suggestions in this area would be greatly appreciated.  I have also been
contemplating a low voltage resonate tuning method using a signal generator.
Is it possible and safe to inject a one volt 60 HZ signal directly into the
primary while simultaneously moving the primary tap and monitoring the
secondary output from the torroid with a scope?  The scope could be setup to
display one or two periods of the calculated resonate frequency.  The tap would
then be adjusted until the desired waveform is displayed.  A HV probe could be
made using low tolerance resistors to protect the scope.  I'm sure I'm missing
something here, I just don't know what it is.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan Morris
Arlington TX