Re: ??Where to get a POLE Transformer??

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

I would be most interested in where this opinion comes from also...why IS
aluminum "crap"? Except for the oxidation, and to a lesser extent, the
compression factor, I can see nothing wrong with it. Houses were wired for
years with aluminum, and although that is not done anymore, the large gauge
wires coming from the pole are often of aluminum, which is still sold at your
friendly neighborhood home depot. I too have a Pole transformer with AL
windings (the low-volt side) My high voltage coil is copper.

Chris W