Re: treenails

Original poster: "Tim Flood by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tflood-at-stllabs-dot-com>

Erik,

I simply use 3/8" hardwood dowels. Clamp the mating pieces together, match
drill with a 3/8" drill bit, put a little carpenters glue on the dowel and in
the hole then drive in the dowel. Sand surface flush after the glue dries.

The dowel length should be twice the board thickness being joined.

I've used this method on a primary base unit that I can barely lift and the
joinery has held up great.

Tim Flood