Transformer Q's

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Howdy All,

I have a used oil burner ignition transformer, given to me because it is
weak.

Transformer: Francefromer 120vac primary, 10,000 secondary at 28 ma.,
secondary mid point grounded.

My questions:

One side of the transformer reads 11.6k ohms, the other 108.7 k ohms. I
assume the side with the higher resistance is the "weak" side. Anyway to
figure out what voltage I am likely to get out of this puppy? And here
is a real duh question: I assume to connect to the mid point ground I
attach a wire to the case of the transformer? Just wanna make sure. Just
how serious a shock can it produce? And if I use 7.5 kv caps with it,
are they likely to blow on short runs? I don't have quite enough to make
a series parallel setup.

Thanks again all.

Jonathan Peakall