Re: SSgap Update 4-1-2001

Original poster: "Gary Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gjohnson-at-ksu.edu>

Peter:

My solid state driver does this.  It will hold the frequency at resonance to
within about 50 Hz before breakout, and then slew at about 100 Hz per
microsecond when the spark occurs.  Dynamics of a solid state system are
such that the frequency shift is less than with most spark gap disruptive
coils, perhaps in the 2 to 4 percent range.

Gary Johnson
At 01:40 PM 04/02/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>