Re: Need Ozone

Original poster: "Gary Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gjohnson-at-ksu.edu>

Tom:

You don't need/want a Tesla coil just to make ozone.  Your neon transformers
are quite adequate.  I put one lead to the center of a rotary wire brush
(bronze wires, about 4 inch diameter, with a shaft for mounting in a hand
electric drill), and the other lead to a loop of copper or aluminum coil
about 7 inches in diameter and centered on the brush. 15 kV across 1.5
inches gives plenty of corona and ozone.  I ran this contraption about half
a day in my house when no one was home.  The smell was better, and my wife's
dust mite allergy seemed to be improved.

Gary Johnson