Re: Trusting Coilers (was pressure or vac?)

Original poster: "Garry F. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

For me, the feeling of trust comes from knowing others who were into similar
hobbies such as ham radio, and other very fascinating hobbies when I was a
kid. My real dad was the kind of person that makes me think of people like
Charles Manson and the like. He got his jollies mentally torturing me and my
two brothers. We, barely survived, literally.

If it weren't for having had the genuine friendship of a few fatherly mature
and kind souls in the neighborhood as a kid, I would not even be able to
imagine what a real father was supposed to be.

So, for me, knowing someone is into coiling, generates a fellow feeling and
a kind of trust that transcends bytes and pixels. I don't have to see thier
face to have a feeling of trust. With that trust naturally comes the desire
not to betray that trust myself.

Many many people on this list, who show the hobby to young ones will be a
turning point to them, changing the path of youngsters from a path leading
to desaster or mediocrity to a path leading to a far better person. I
believe this passing of the torch will continue as long as the long fingers
of the law keep out of it. I believe this will happen for with 700+ people
on this list, such a good result is inevitible. Someone somewhere will be
moved to a fascination with the world around them rather than following the
lemmings.