Re: Oh boy, I get to do 50 pound 5 gallon bucket caps

Keep your chin up. It's not as bad as all that.  A
single 12oz (355ml) beer bottle is good for 750-900pF.
A miller genuine draft bottle will yield 890pF if
covered with foil, and 910pF if immersed in brine. A
six pack is good for about 5nF. The MGD bottles are
remarkably consistent, and capacity variation is
negligible for hobby purposes.

Check out my "dry" (no bucket)46nF beer bottle cap and
the big, mean sparks I make with it at 4400VA AC
input. Scroll down to "New Stuff!" on my web page and
you'll find it.

Cheers,
Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla