RE: Two layer primary

That's a fine idea on paper, but making a neat flat spiral out of 1/4"
tubing is enough of a challenge.  Winding two turns per layer sounds like an
invitation for frustration!!  I think I'm leaning towards gluing lexan
spacer blocks to both sides of the insulating sheet of lexan.  I agree with
the tuning inductor.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA