Re: Further MMC woes.

Hi Gary,

 The cap code you give '940C' implies a CDE part, i.e. Cornell-Dubilier.
Well..... I have to say I disagree with your assessment of these caps. I
have a mmc
built with CDE 940C caps (7x(33x0.33uF)) rated at 1600Vdc. The caps are fairly
plain looking with a cheap white stick-on label but... I run a pole pig
rated at
33Kv/220Vin and I overdrive it with 270Vin, at over 80amps, the coil throws
arcs
over 4 metres and I cannot get these caps even warm.

Best Regards

 Robin Copini, Australia.