Re: Warning Desasterous MMC failures, Rotton caps from Mouser.

I also recently experienced arcing problems with a small 1nF MMC using PP
caps from Mouser (15 caps, three strings of 5, each string separated, can
be wired for series/parallel). This was my fault for wiring the strings
too close to each other to all be wired in series. I just bolted the
board to the lid of a small square tupperware container and filled it up
with mineral oil, so only the connection to the ends of the strings
protrude above the surface. No more arc-overs :-)

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.