Re: You might be making a bomb by mistake instead of a resin encased cap.,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "william_b_noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
>
> I would suggest using a different potting compound - do not use clear
> acrylic - not only is it fragile and expensive, but it fractures - the
> potted  HV componenets I've seen are potted in a urethane or slicone plastic
> (something that is a bit flexible) - you can buy pourable urethane potting
> compound, and it is a whole lot cheaper than clear acrylic
> Bill

	Where can you get the urethane potting compound which is cheaper than
clear acrylic?  I would like to get some for use in potting GM HE
ignition coils for use in powering a portable battery-powered TC.  (Want
to disguise the coils and solid-state driver as an old-fashioned wooden
cased induction coil.]

Ed