My thanksgiving thanks go to

Hi all,

   In the spirit of "I have to do a server upgrade tomorrow", I felt it
appropriate to write a short note, that hopefully Terry will pass on to the
List.

  My pole-pig (Thanks James!) and big caps (Thanks Kevin&Mike!), should be
in sometime the beginning of next month.  Thanks to the List, and help from
Dave, James, and everybody, I'll be confident to build my first pig coil and
"throw the coals to it."  Caution is the watchword, as this "ain't no NST",
and my first screw up will be my last with the pig.  Safety safety safety!
I see what power level I'm going to be at, and where I was in May of this
year, making barely a 1/2" spark on a crappy coil, to the beautiful 4
footers I was getting before my NST's died.  I've learned volumes about
these, tried other's ideas' my own ideas, and burned up quite a bit of wire
and PVC.  I started out from SW caps and a nasty static gap, to making
reliable and rock-solid sync motors for my SRSG's.

  Thanks to the efforts of Chip and Terry, who keep this list up and running
(how Terry finds time to read all the posts I don't know, but applaud his
efforts!)  Thanks to Terry and the others on the list who used their talent
to give us programs and spreadsheets to help design coils better.  Thanks to
Terry and those who studied MMC's and did bulk buys to let the "average joe"
get a good price on the caps to make their own MMC.  Thanks to the gurus of
TC'ing who offer advice and expertise on how to get great results from your
coils.  Thanks to John Freau for his work in getting the most spark for your
power (sometimes that 10% increase, though only a few inches, is just so
incredible to get! Especially when pushing a personal spark record!).
Thanks also to John for making spun toroids cheaply available to the average
coiler.  His 1.5x6" toroids work *beautiful!* on a small coil!  Thanks to
Marc Metlicka for the carbides, they rock!  Thanks again to Terry for his
work on the NST filters.  I'm sure they have saved some people their
hard-won NST's.  Thanks to the Tesla Ring to bring all those sites together,
and provide a wide variety of information on these machines.  To all the ppl
I may have forgotten or left out, thank you!

  But most of all.. my greatest thanks to Mr. Tesla.  For AC, and the slew
of other inventions.  As I type on a machine powered by AC, and will
tomorrow chow down on ham cooked in an AC powered oven.

   So thanks to everybody! (except my work, makin' me work on thanksgiving,
thanks for very little!), and let's keep it safe!

											Shad AKA Sundog