Re: E-Tesla6.11

Hi Al,

At 01:57 AM 11/23/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Terry, All.  Whoa, this is a nice set of pics.  What kind of program
>do you use to get these 'electrical field' pics?  Could any of us do it?

E-Tesla6 generates a bunch of *.xls files when it runs.  These are simply
text files full of x-y numbers that can be imported into just about any
math or spreadsheet program.  I used MathCad 6.0 for the plots in the picture.

> And is there a plot curve or dimension set in inches of measure or a
>graph setup (to allow one to see what the actual arc output/electrical
>field)  that could be applied to the photos you are generating to compare
>field output strength from the Tesla?

The program can work in all kinds of dimensions.  The E-Tesla6 data files
are supposed to (:-)) output the real field numbers accurately.  You do
need to know the actual terminal voltage to input into the program which
may require MicroSim and stuff.

>Could knowledgeable list members
>out there can tell me which computer program I could download from the
>net or links that would allow me to punch in numbers/parameters that
>would help me with future design and also allow me to check my existing
>equipment to see what the max output can be for my four existing coils.

I hear MathCad 2000 is pretty good for about $100 =:O  I think Jeff P. uses
this so maybe he knows more.

>I would like to try this computer stuff again.  I had a lot of Tesla
>design stuff and websites stored on my PC, including your site, but I
>lost them all when it crashed some months back.  I would like to pursue
>the Design and theory end of the Tesla with the PC.  I have lots of books
>and they have helped immensely to give me lots of dangerous ideas!
>But, what would be the best and most current links that you or other list
>members have that will help me with design parameters that I could apply
>to my existing coils?  Also, are there any design programs out there that
>would be helpful with 'maggie' coils?   Al.

I would suggest getting into MicroSim.  That is a high-power circuit
simulation program that is great for Tesla coils and there is a lot of
pre-figured out stuff for it.  It takes awhile to figure out but the world
is your oyster when you do.  It is also free ;-)):

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MicroSim/LTR10-31.sch
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MicroSim/Newcoil.sch

I don't know of any Maggie coils in MicroSim, but I don't know why not!!
Data on magnifiers is a bit rare but all the standard toys we have should
work on them too.

Cheers,

	Terry

>On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:18:17 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>writes:
>> Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

snip...