RE: Air blast SG question

Hi Luc:

Regarding my assertion that the gap breakdown voltage is largely independent
of airflow, I may have given an answer that is not true for all types of air
blast gaps.  For the two single static gaps that I have built, they are
constructed such that high air velocities will not result in a stretching of
the arc.  Thinking more about your question, I realize that this is not
normally the case for air-blast gaps, but I believe it is preferable.  I
think a stretched arc will result in a very unstable breakdown voltage.

BTW, your tesla_oil_rsg.pdf is fascinating!  Good luck trying it!!  Where
did you take that from?

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA