Re: arrgh! ignition coil failure!

> Original poster: Hhchicken1-at-aol-dot-com
>
> This may be a bit off topic, but I hope someone can
> help me get the power
> supply for my TC back up and running...

If your ignition coil works when it is not connected
at TC, you must verify your primary cap (it is
possible that is broken). So the possibilities of
failure are:
  ignition coils- they arc internally when you use a
high capacity to fed them
  the dimmer- it burns if the cap (in your case 8uF)
is too big, because the current is high through the
triac.
  finnaly the primary cap can broke if you run your
ignition coil with high output voltages.
 Don't be angry, I'm sure that the defection can be
remediated
 P.S. I bypassed the possibility of failure of my
ignition coils by removing their cases and put them in
a big oil bath (the oil moves continuu because the
high temperature of the windings)
        teslina