Re: Superior Power Supply

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 11/15/00 6:50:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
> > Original poster: "Basura, Brian" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>
> >
> >  Alan,
> >
> >  I have to disagree. When I had my coil set up to run in a DC mode I was
> >  able to let the RSG spin down to less than .5-bang per second and the
spark
> >  length wasn't effected I was still getting 5'-6' arcs). What was
noticeable
> >  was the thickness and brightness of the arcs decreased as the bang rate
> >  dropped below 4-5 bangs per second.
> >
> >  Maybe Kevin O. has some comments on this. His DC coil ran at any break
rate
> >  if I remember correctly...
> >
> >  Regards,
> >  Brian B.
>
> Brian,
>
> Maybe your cap was charging to a lower and lower voltage as
> you increased your break rate?  This would tend to keep the
> spark length constant.  I think the other fellow was refering to
> a system in which the cap voltage remains constant at any
> break rate, which should give a spark length increase as the
> break rate is increased.
>
> John Freau

Hi all

Just to support John Freau assertion I extract some frames from a video, as you
know video is to slow to capture spark growing on one bang: on video you have
15.4 millisecond capture 1.3 millisecond black or 60 frames by second with a
pause of .0013 second between each frames. On tesla coil if you studied one
bang
you find: The bang duration is in the order of .2 millisecond depending of the
frequency, coupling and quenching check that paper from Terry
 http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html
and for the video capture
 http://pages.infinit-dot-net/luc2/streamer_grow.jpg

Luc Benard