RE: Filters & Chokes

Hi Gary,

	Wow!  What a great tidbit of information!  I always was puzzled by your
coil's great performance and how "very" hot your resistors were getting.
Looks like you have the first SLTR (Saturating Larger Than Resonant) coil!
If you can run a 15/60 at 184mA RMS I won't feel so afraid of running mine
at 85mA ;-)))  You may want to consider putting a line fuse on the input of
the NST to prevent the thing from really going nuclear.  I would think:

15000 x 0.184 / 120 = 23 amps!!

I guess a 20 amp fast blow fuse would be right!?  I am very surprised it
can take that.  I wonder if there is some mechanism that is preventing the
NST from going to super high currents.  If one can reliably run and NST at
these high currents (2760 watts!!), it would be a major step forward!!  "I"
have always been afraid to "play around" up there and I don't scare easy! ;-)))

Cheers,

	Terry