Testing NST with an auto-ranging meter

I have a second hand 15/30 NST

Both have a primary resistance of 3.0 Ohms.

Each output terminal to case is 8.0k Ohm.

But when I try to measure the output resistance, terminal to terminal my
Fluke 77 digital meter can't select the correct range I must manually
set the range to k Ohm to get a reading of 16k Ohm.

Anyone know why?

I think my other NST I bought is dead 8.0k Ohm terminal to case and o/c
the other terminal to case. Is it usual for only one winding blow? I
can't get the cover off because black stuff has oozed out.

I guess I'm safe to ask for a replacement.

Thanks,
Seth Fischer