Re: Temperature/freezing

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> Why not make quantitative measurements and report back to the list?

> it might be real interesting...

	Indeed.  Well made measurements beat any amount of hand waving.

	However, some time spent in the list archives will bring up
	some previous discussion (perhaps 5 years back?).  This was
	brought up by someone reporting variations of performance
	during winter operation.  I dug into some lighting protection and
	general ground books & yep, it was a known situation in both
	areas.  (Lighting protection related measurements are of more direct
	application, as the frequency range is similar...)

	'doping' grounds with all manner of chemicals is a standard
	'trick'.  Adding 'anything' (preferably ionic compunds) improves
	its conductivity...  A side effect is to depress freezing point.
	(Effects of adding chemicals to the ground water are another
	matter.. )

	IIR the original observations, coil operation improved as the coil
	operated (largish coil...)  Indicating melting of ice.  Maybe...

	best
	dwp