Re: Where can I get toriods besides ...

Perhaps this is a bit off-topic*, but, I am rather familiar with the
products offered by Science First, and I must judge them differently.
They are an -excellent- source for all parts pertaining to Van De Graaff
generators, and the one small tesla coil they sell, while unusual  in
design and perhaps inefficient, is one I have seen sold by many other
companies. They do not manufacture them, I would think. When it comes to
electrostatics accesories and supplies, though, they are wonderful. I am
not familiar with any tesla coil plans they sell.

That same tesla coil, identifiable by its conical secondary,  concentric
primary, and base has been sold by Edmund Scientific, and Scientific
American as well.

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

Information Unlimited, however, I must agree with you on. *shudders*

*>>"opinions of commercial tesla coil kits" is perfectly on topic as
mentioned at www.pupman-dot-com - Terry<<

On Wed, 08 Nov 2000 11:56:18 -0700 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Garry Freemyer" <Garry-at-NDFC-dot-com>
>
> I wish to get a larger toriod. The current one I have is 2" X 8" I
> got it
> from sciencefirst but I don't want to do business with a company
> that sells
> inferior plans and tesla coils. I feel the same way about
> Information
> Unlimited. It's kind of a shame, I've spoken with the owner of
> Sciencefirst
> and she seems to be a very nice lady. Its just too bad they don't
> educate
> themselves more and make plans that really DO work.
>
> So, where can I order a toriod from a company we respect here in the
> US?

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.