Ideal coil forms (was: Re: Sonotube's high RF loss!...yes or no?)

Hi Mark, All,

I wrapped a skin of 1mm polystyrene sheet (the stuff modellers use, we call it
"Plasticard" in the UK) around a wooden skeleton form, glued it at the seam,
sanded the seam flat, removed the skeleton and plugged the ends. This was
solely because I had great difficulty finding any amount of 6" PVC. However, I
recently saw it mentioned (was it here?) that this is an excellent material in
terms of RF losses and dielectric strength. I believe others have used it with
good results. However, it is easy to split it at the ends if your plugs are a
little too large - easily cured with a good slop of epoxy/PU.

Alex Crow