Re: (was) Pringles pot as form for small secondary

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com
>
> I have tried mailing tubes and they work pretty good.I coated it with
> polyurathne first before winding.
>
> matt

	I have used mailing tubes for at least 40 years, and they seem to work
just fine.  After drying them thoroughly in the oven (if they will fit)
or in the sum (if they won't fit) I usually peel the inner layer (most
tubes have two) to thin the form, then saturate inside and outside with
shellac and allow it to dry.  Then back in the oven to make sure it's
really dry, then another coat, and so forth until the form is quite
rigid.  Not much work and have never had any indication of insulation
problems.

Ed