RE: Halloween Fun

David: Thanks for sharing. But a question...how do you set up the coil to
prevent some teeny bopper from running up to it and pointing...for a second
before vaporization?

Tom Polk in Austin confesses he sets up his in heavy bushes adjacent to the
path to his door.

Just wondering.

Ted

=============================
Subject: Halloween Fun

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

Hi all,

I just thought I would share a little bit of the fun that I had
opening up my shop overhead door and firing "Medusa"
when passerby trick-or-treaters passed in front of the "Mad
Scientist's" home. Needless to say, it drew some consider-
able curiousity. I met one neighbor who lived just a half of a
block up the street from me that was very interested in elec-
tricity. I would fire it up for a few seconds at a time and people
would stop to look for a minute or so and then proceed on
with their trick-or-treating. However his fellow just kept sit-
ting there. I finally shut her down and went out and introduced
myself. He said that he was hard to impress, but that the coil
definitely impressed him! Hey, maybe I want be the only coiler
in Memphis anymore! Anyway, the weather was very conducive
this year for trick-or-treaters here in Memphis, as we have been
having unusually warm weather for so late into the fall season
( about 85* today ). So it got more exposure tonight than its had
since it was completed.

Keeping 'em Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben