[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Better bottle caps

Hi all

In a recent PBS program, don't recall the title, there was a story
about why the Hindenburg really burned up. It seems the fabric
covering the outside was doped with a mixture of powdered aluminum and
iron oxide. In the same proportions used to fuel the solid fuel
boosters on the space shuttle. The fire started by guess what...a
static spark. I think more info can be had at www.pbs-dot-org .
At any rate,
Suppose someone were able to coat the inside and outside of glass
bottles with some durable, conductive, nonflammable coating. Glass is
still a lossy dielectric and will generate heat at TC frequencies. If
the bottles were filled with water, and immersed in water, the water
could help a lot to keep the glass cool. Remove the water and you have
lost your coolant thus lowering your power levels, probably
considerably. (I figure that the metallic coating would also be
reflective helping the heat to stay trapped in the glass)
Bottom line, you can't get something for nothing. Everything is a
trade off.

just MY $.02
later
deano