[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MOT's

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2000 12:08 PM
Subject: MOT's

> Original Poster: Mouser25-at-aol-dot-com
>
> I was wondering if their was anyone who had made a tesla coil with mots
> without melting the spark gap?  I have 4 mot's just siting I was wondering
> if I could use them for my tesla coil or just as arc welders ; -)
>
> Nick Graber
> Mouser25-at-aol-dot-com

Hi nick,
A few people on the list have used  MOT's for TC's,I have not used them but
I do know they must be current limited.a good way to do this is to take one
MOT and short the secondary winding and then connect the primary winding in
series with the output of you main MOT's.Also if you are using a single
static gap i.e. 2 bolts or the like you should
add a high flow fan to blow across the gap to help quenching.
Hope this has helped some!

Kevin dalpe

BTW: be VERY careful with those MOT's there very deadly!!!