[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Really Cheap Secondary Xfrmr Tube

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 7:36 PM
Subject: Really Cheap Secondary Xfrmr Tube

> Original Poster: "Powdermnky007" <Powdermnky007-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Goto Office Depot.  They have <=3" Diameter
> and 33" long tubes to mail Posters etc. in.
> These are very strong.  I tried to crush one with
> my hands and i couldn't, i couldn't even bend it!!
> I tried hard too.  You can't build a big coil with it.
> But for a 4 dollar tube, you can't beat it, especially
> after a few good thick coats of polyurathane.

I am using a cardboard tube for my secondary also,and I found that using
spray type polyurethane works real well because it is so thin that if done
right you can get the poly to soak all the way thru the cardboard.
I am not sure if this helps to improve coil operation but it sure makes it
moisture proof and real strong.
One note,it takes a very long time to dry!!

Safe Coiln'
Kevin Dalpe