[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Better bottle caps

i used short lengths about 4" long. this way i could keep the wrinkles
down. the tape conducts due to the skin effect. i never thought of
spraying the sides with moto-finish, good idea! i still have about 10 of
these jugs around, my girlfriend uses them for rice and noodles and
such. but i here about it every time she says she cant see what's in
them. i tell her stuff will stay fresher with no light getting in....
boy does she give me "that look"
when i had 11 of these set up on my coffee table with a hoaky spark gap,
a 15-60 nst and all. she gave me "that look, look" every time she
vacuumed.
one thing though as i added more jugs, the spark length didn't increase
with more capacitance, it just tuned on less turns of my primary?
i have fond memories of those early days. i'd fire the coil and every
light in the house would flicker on and off, all the tv's would change
channels, turn on and off. boy did i get " the look,look,look" back
then......ahh great fun, but a little cold in the sack, if you know what
i mean?
regards to all ..........marc