[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's gotta lotta Gauss

There is a heavy field pulse created at initial conduction of the spark gap. I
calc this as instantaneous amps in my coil program as Iinst =  Vp sqrt(Cp/Lp).
BTW, I just took a look at it and it calcs at 417A every 3.98ms! Definately a
heavy pulse there. But, no, I've never used a gauss meter. Seems to me someone
has done this. You might check the archives if nothing turns up here.

Take care,
Bart