[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Optimal toroid elevation

In a message dated 5/24/00 9:26:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
 Hello all.

 Can anybody please give me some hints about how much should be the distance
 between the top of the secondary coil and the middle point of the toroid
 for the
 Thor coil?

 The Thor secondary is 70" tall, winding is 59" long (about 4" left between
top
 turn and top of the secondary form).

 The toroid is 59" outer diameter, the aluminium duct used is 7.9" diameter.

 I thought to rise the toroid about 15" - 20 " over the secondary top: any
 comments about that?

 Should I use also an anti-corona smaller toroid near to the last top
secondary
 turn?

 Regards

Marco,

I think you have the right idea.  On my 6.0" coil, I have a 33" dia toroid
mounted up 10" above the top winding then a 40" toroid mounted up 14" above
that.

Ed Sonderman