[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

solid-state status report

For those few solid-staters among us, I'll just post a note as to my own
progress:  Prior to augmenting my 1-turn primary circuit for 2x--and then
3x--the present current, I'm building a new secondary, to see what effect
I'll get from cramming more turns into less height and to make it easier
for others to build to my design, should any wish to.  I will reach
1800-odd turns in about 30" height with n.l.t. 0.1" turn:turn air
spacing, using 18 ga. bare copper wire in 160 stacked "pies" with about
10" mean coil diameter.

The patent for the circuit I'm using in the primary has issued:  U.S.
#6069413 for those who care.  Perhaps the scheme will have applications
other than for Tesla coils, some day.

Full-power, new-secondary operation is numerous months away, I'm afraid.

Ken Herrick
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.