[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: CD's

I would strongly recommend not trying this.  Without a spark gap in the
circuit set to a reasonable breakdown voltage, the voltage across the NST,
tank cap, and CD will build on successive 60 Hz cycles to destructive (to
the NST and tank cap) levels, particularly if the cap value is remotely near
the "matched" mains-resonance value.  This is why we use safety gaps across
RSG's - to discharge the tank if the RSG fails to fire.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

>Original Poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

<snip>