[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission ==> was Re: Non-tech Q

> Date:          Sat, 20 May 2000 22:15:19 -0600
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission ==> was Re: Non-tech
>                Qu
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> At 12:36 AM 05/18/2000 +0000, wysock-at-ttr-dot-com wrote:
> >
> >To Ruud, Bill, Ed, et. al.

> Hi Bill,
>
> 	Having "lived" through this and many similar threads on the Tesla list,
> there is one thing that has always bothered me about the "Tesla's Wireless
> Power Transmission" concept.  It has "never" been demonstrated to work!
> That is a "really big" problem with it...  I hear all kinds of "Tesla said
> this" and "Tesla said that" but I have never seen a Tesla coil transmit
> useful energy over a useful distance.  Many many people have tried and, of
> course, the charlatans, are attracted to the subject like flies, but where
> is the proof?  The Earth has been pounded with just about every form of
> electromagnetic radiation imaginable and, so far, nothing unusual has been
> noticed pounding back.  Many people really have tried to duplicate and
> prove Tesla's concept.  But the results are universally nil.
>
> 	The surface of the Earth is not a pristine superconductor.  Bill Parn's
> recent measurement of 600 ohms in 25 feet for the Earth's surface
> resistance does not give me a "warm fuzzy" for lossless energy
> transmission.  The ionosphere is a bit conductive, compared to a vacuum,
> but that is still far from the superconducting ball of silver such theories
> usually assume...
>
> I don't think the problem is that "Tesla never once violated Maxwell's
> equations".  I think the problem is that he couldn't, even if he wanted
> too...  We all want to think that Tesla was on the verge of some wonderful
> new discovery, but as time goes on, the evidence not only disputes such
> claims but further tends to explains the results he did see in finer and
> finer detail.
>
> I hope the time really is "very near", when we will all comprehend what
> Tesla stated as natural law and fact, back in 1899-1900.  However, the
> theory's first 100 years has not gone well at all...
>
> Perhaps the "folks" ?:o) can come up with something.  This old thread needs
> some new life!!  I hope there are some "real" experiments associated with
> it...  I am sure Malcolm would not mind running his coil in New Zealand off
> my power meter in Colorado ;-))
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Terry
> 	A known disbeliever...

Dear Terry,

This is my response to your post above.  I do not discount Mr. Parn's
600 ohm measurement, nor the notion that a Tesla coil cannot transmit
usable amounts of electrical energy by way of Hertzian
electromagnetic waves.  In Tesla's wireless power transmission
technique, the Tesla coil is only an integral part of the apparatus
needed, to transmit and receive wireless energy.  He states exactly
how to accomplish this in his patent disclosures and also in his
testimony before his attorneys.

The "folks" who are working on these techniques are the ones who
will come forward, with their calculations and experimental
verifications, when the time is right for them.  It is for them to do
this, not I.  I simply wanted to point out that there is very real
research and science (not science fiction) going on in this field of
research.  I personally have seen the results of some experiments
performed to verify that electric power was transmitted by Tesla's
methods.  However, out of respect to the reaserchers who have
performed these experiments, I am not at liberty to disclose any
of the particulars of their work.  I personally will wait, along
with everyone else, for the public disclosure of a means and method
of wireless power transmission, using Tesla's circuits.

I am quite confident, that the "folks" who are working on this, will
come forward in the near future, and give a full public disclosure of
their findings and test results.

Best regards,
Bill Wysock.
Tesla Technology Research