[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Fwd: folded sock theory]

Hi Marc,

At 08:59 AM 05/19/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>terry,
> first i must say that i have a very hard time puting my visions into
>words, i have driven some professors mad because my ideas were sound but
>my explenations were lacking.
> my theory that the first output comes from the bottem wrap of the
>secondary is that the current doesen't travle through the wire in a
>spiral as it is wraped. i read in one post a while back that it is the
>side by side induction of the wire that conducts the curent. this i
>belive is the case. when the magnetic flux of the primary breakes down
>it is induced into the secondary as a feild and this creates a feild
>around the secondary windings. this feild produces a "presure" kind of
>like a presurised garden hose.the presure is relesed through the topload
>because it is actualy the path of least resistance for the presure.
>if it was looked at as a voltage then wouldn't it take the path of least
>resistance to ground, ie the grounded bottem conection?

I see.  You meant the magnetic flux has to act on the base of the secondary
before the voltage can build up at the top.  That is very true.  I see what
you meant now.

>the reason i belive it folds from the bottem up is that the secondary
>windings give the field the ability to exist, and it will exist as long
>as the pressure is there. i'm sorry i can't put it into words very well,
>and this is only my opinion. it is just what i visualise what is
>happening. i know very little about radio or such so please explain
>anything that seems amis here.

Being able to "visualize" these things is a great tool!  It can make up for
a lot of equations and theory!

>ps. i know the moderators would like better spelling, and i have to be
>the worst. i am trying hard to get it right but i get tired of looking
>in the dictionary every two seconds.
>     marc

I don't grade on spelling ;-))  I can't spell well either...  I had to go
pay the $40 bucks for the real version of Eudora instead of the free
version "just" to get spell check. :o)  Don't worry about it...

Cheers,

	Terry