[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Propagation velocity in long helical coils.

Hi Terry,

I can now include end effects because I have solved the boundary problem but
I don't have an equation for the end C (except  Med).  However the method
could be included in your program but it would need FFT routines.  It would
have the advantage I think of accurately predicting the output voltage and
coil profile voltage (for long coil).  The later would be useful for flash
over prediction at the lower end.  It is also valid for shorter coils until
internal self C starts to produce errors. i.e. insight into current
profiles.
This method could have internal C added then it would be valid for very
short coils.