[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Equidrive-ing me crazy

In a message dated 5/5/2000 8:42:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>  Hi Dan,
>
>   Each cap would then have to be 0.04 uf.  When you put them in series, as
>  in equidrive, you get back to 0.02uF again.  "I" can't think of any reason
>  equidrive whould have an advantage but let us know if you notice
anything...

>  Cheers,
>
>   Terry

The only possible advantage that I can think of is that corona generation
could be reduced a little by "spreading" out the charge.  My new transformer
produces 22kV, so there might be a reason to use this for the higher voltage.
  My coil is set up with this configuration, but I see no advantage to it as
far as the tank circuit operation.  I do like the symmetry though :o)
Mike