[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor matched size

> Hi Kamil ...
>
> if you design the cap to be resonant with the power supply you run the risk
> of ring up in the tank circuit if the gap doesnt fire correctly     it is
> better to go to the higher side when designing the cap system     this way
> you will be LTR and in a safer zone as far as over volting the cap if the
> system decides to ring up on you...
>
> Scot D

You suggest me not to use resonant rise effect and make larger
capacitor.
Pherhaps the best solution is to use DC power to load the capacitot.
Than I will be able to load any size of the cap (for example only 50 BPS
but larger cap and of course larger energy stored and transferred to the
secondary
of TC). I think this solution also not allows to waste energy (when
the capacitor is not exactly the size that is loaded in 1/2 or 1/4 or
1/6 ... cycle)
For example when the cap is loaded in 1/3 cycle enough to enable the gap
to fire ,
only 2/3 power will be transferred to TC.
Is it worth effort to make DC power supply ?