[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: grounding question

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Kelly Shutt" <tcatut-at-mail.utexas.edu>
>
> ok... i live down in good old Austin, TX and we have a unique ground
> problem... most of the ground around here is Texas rock... you go down about
> a few feet or even inches as the case is where I'm trying to drive my rod,
> and  you hit what is basically gravel... anyone know any ways to work around
> this... i suppose i could get a thin rod and put a point on it to push
> between rocks but i don't know how well that would work... also, how do you
> people go about driving 8 and 10 foot pipes into the ground... that can't be
> an easy task... i would appreciate any help or solutions that any of you
> might possess.
>
> Thanks,
> Kelly

Hi Kelly...

you have 2 options ...   1. move to new orleans and simply push the rod
into the ground with your own weight ( the ground here is like mush )

or 2.  get a pipe and a water hose and do the hydraulic drilling thing

the water helps wash out a path for the rod ( barring any really big
rocks)

Scot D