[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary wire.

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Charles Arruda" <carruda-at-channelseek-dot-com>
>
> I've been looking into secondary wire sources and types of
> wire.  From experience, what is the best size/insulation types
> for a typical secondary coil with a 15kv/60ma+ primary
> supply.  What kind of current and temperature load does it
> need to withstand to work reliably?

Snipperzz...

Hi C ...    ( isnt that a drink?  ;) )

for 15/60 power  the secondary wire of choice is    double formvar #22
magnet wire    about 45$ for a 10 Lb spool ( about 5000 feet )   for
added protection ...   after the sec is wound   several coats of a good
polyuerethane varnish is applied to the coil    let dry for 24 hours
between coats for a great finish ...

Scot D