[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A great PVC glue !

Gang!

Inbetween chopping transformer cores, I also had time to do some tests
of a polyurethane glue for PVC.

This glue is the one that I use in toroid production, and drooling over
the specksheet, I noticed that it is also recommended for hard pvc. Now
the usual PVC glues that I have used are solvent based stuff, which
would leave fumes in a secondary, fumes that would be flamable. Of
course one could drill holes ind the endplates to exhaust this fume, and
later plug them again, but this glue is nonfuming, and 2 component,
soooo

The tests performed wonderfully, the glue sticks well on both
pre-roughed pvc plate as well as unprepaired (shiny) PVC.

The product is made by AKZO NOBEL

Glue:     1899 pur 2K
hardener: 1821

Just thought you`d like to know....