[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sort-of-First-Light :)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hey! this is matt or fucian!Your coil sounds just like my fist but i used a
> much simplier set up.mine was much quieter also.what intrests me is you r
> trashy :)capacitor.im now gatting much larger sparks but sti use salt
> waters.could you explain all the details of your trash bag cap?i dont know
> why it worked but im a big scrounger and i push the limits too!

I urge scroungers everywhere to again take a look at Fr. Tom's bucket cap.
These are constructed by cutting up frosting buckets that you can find at
grocery store bakeries for $0 or cheap.  The caps (if immersed in oil) are
nearly indestructible, and far less time consuming than LDPE bag caps.  The
bucket cap I am building now cost me $9, and has a rating of .01 uf, ~50 kvdc.
120 mil HDPE is not to be laughed at!  It is very bulky, but extremely puncture
resistant.
    Search the archives by keyword, I know there is a recent post with
construction details.
                --Mike