[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: proposed 6" Tesla Design

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 9:25 AM
Subject: proposed 6" Tesla Design

> Original Poster: "Andy Cleary" <gemware2-at-dreamscape-dot-com>
>
> Hello, a friend of mine has designed the following coil, the specs being
> taken directly from wintesla.  If there is anything wrong, or anything
that
> could be improved upon, then please let me know.  Any other comments would
> be greatly appreciated.  Thank You,

Andy,
 It seems to me that the Inside diameter of the primary should be a bit
larger to prevent arc-over to the secondary. As it is, there will only be
.69 inch between the two coils. I have about 1.5 inch between mine and still
have occasional arc-over with only 360 watts input power. Anybody else have
any thoughts on this?

Later,
 Jon